jonathandb1972

Pedestal paving systems

Jonathan
last modified: last month

My garden is about 25cm lower than the doors from my house. At the moment there is a deck but it’s 15 years old and needs replacing.

I would like a patio but raising the level with hardcore seems labour intensive and expensive and so I was considering a pedestal system as commonly used on roof terraces and in retail and leisure spaces.

Has anyone got any experience of this at home? Is it cheaper than building up the levels with hardcore and a retaining wall? Are there drawbacks (for instance size of pavers or cost or future maintenance?)

Since they are widely used in commercial settings I tend to believe they are robust and work but what do people think?