gillianlewis196

Where to move lighting above breakfast table

Gillian L

We rarely use the corner bench in our kitchen/diner as there are only two of us and the breakfast bar is much handier or we eat in the dining room. As a result, we have the table pushed against the bench to allow as much circulation space in the area as possible. We do pull the table out occasionally when guests are staying for breakfast.

The lights above the table need to be moved and our electrician has finally granted us an appointment next week. I have to decide where to position the lights.

My current thoughts are:

a) Position them in a straight line centrally above the table where it sits 95% of the time

b) Position them in a straight line centrally above the table when we have guests for breakfast

c) Have longer wires fitted and install some kind of hooks to swag them between positions?

Has anybody else had this dilemma and what have you done?