Rear extension ideas

Bethan Oakes

Hello
I am currently looking into extending the rear of our home to open up the kitchen and bring light to the rear of the property.
The current lay out has had what can only be described as a lean-to stuck on the right of a bathroom at the back.
I'd like to extend out to the line of the downstairs bathroom or even a little further if needed.
My issue is I want a shower room (doesn't need to be in current position) but incorporate a mudroom while still allowing as much light as possible into the kitchen.
Anyone had anything like this done, pictures/floor plans would be greatly appreciated as I'm struggling to envisage a layout.
Thank you