chris_blowers21

cosy living room help

Chris Blowers
2 years ago

Evening

We’ve recently rejigged our downstairs to put the kitchen/diner at the back of the house. This has left us with a small living room. We don’t mind that, as it’ll be cosy and mainly for us.

As you can see in the photos we haven’t started on design yet but after some help and ideas.

The sofa and love seat are chunky, but we also only purchased them about 2 years ago so we are going to stick with it for a bit.

So we are after some help with a few areas.

1. the flooring is real wood. The colour doesn’t work with the sofas. Any suggestions? Can you sand down and paint? Would like a lot lighter colour.

2. the door. This leads to the front door/hallway. It’s wide at 33” + the glass. Should we maybe go more glass and smaller door? Remove glass and go smaller door in the corner?

3. under the stairs. The sofa is right up to the stairs to make room for the door to open (the love seat will move further along. Is it worth getting a few shelves or some kind of storage? Any ideas? Maybe a folding door even??

4. tv - possibly the most obvious, but fake wall with built in fire underneath? The wallpapered wall is where the sun goes over during the day, so would windows either side be good?( the view isn’t great in fairness as it’s the side of the house

Thank you all so much in advance. Really totally clueless and 100% not a DIY person

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.