tim_summers15

Hanging Christmas lights up high.

Tim Summers
2 years ago

Hi all,

The wife wants the front of the house 'more Christmassy' this year - usually I hang a string of icicle lights off the gutter and some string lights, looks ok IMO but it really is just the lower half

This year she wants the 'top' of the house doing - I've bought the lights but I had a look last night and it's blooming high. I don't have a ladder that will reach.

I was thinking of getting up as high as I dare on the ladder then using some extendable pole thingie to get the lights that little bit higher. I'm thinking of using some sticky hooks to stick on the fascia boards - like, thread the lights through the sticky hooks at a safe height, attach them to the end of the extendable pole somehow, climb the ladder, try and whack them onto the fascia so that they stick.

Has anyone got a 'life hack' that I could use that I've not thought about ?

Actually, I suppose I could lean out of the window and do it from there?

How do others do theirs?

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.