ashley_luger

Extension layout advice

Ashley Luger
2 years ago

Hello,
I've just purchased a detached 1950s house which we are intending to do a two storey extension on, but struggling with arranging a suitable layout for downstairs, we are currently planning to extend east 8m x 5m (length of the house) would probably demolish the existing garage and move elsewhere at front of plot.
I want to open out the kitchen / dining to have a larger more social kitchen dining area, a decent size utility/boot room with outdoor access, a cloaks/toilet and then have a lounge within the extension and possibly convert the existing "sitting room" to an office/study space... The hallway is also quite squished so have been toying with the idea of extending the porch but if there's any way to open it out without an extension would be really appreciate any ideas or suggestions ☺️
Thanks!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.