tricia_geraghty

Bathroom Refurb Help

Tricia G
2 years ago

We are finally getting a new bathroom. Woohoo. The guys arrived on site today. At the end of the bath we had originally planned to create some hidden storage (for cleaning stuff). However the fitter has confirmed this isnt possible as we wouldnt be able to reach it due to the location of the new vanity unit. Our options are to build a tiled shelf slightly lower than the bath or a tiled shelf at the same height as the new false wall shelf we are creating to hid the toliet cistern. My initial thoughts are this might look a bit dated? The metro tiles will be vertical and cover the shower wall and the bottom half of the window wall. I would be keen to hear thoughts or alternative ideas. I am guessing whatever is there will need to be at least splash proof. We need to decide this by tomorrow.
On the window wall we had intended to create a false wall to hold the cistern and tile up to the window ledge (which is being removed) with the rest plastered. The tilers recommendation is to also tile the boxed in waste pipe. I can't imagine how this will look. We will have 3 small open shelves to the between the window frame and boxed in waste pipe. Has anyone does this before or do you think it should be plastered?
Lastly, I need to decide upon a paint colour for the walls, I am looking for an off white colour. The bathroom is East (slightly south) and is generally very sunny and bright in the morning and going into shade in the afternoon. We have changed the central light to 4 warm white spotlights with a dimmer switch.
I have included some photos. The greeny blue tiles are wall tiles and the charcoal and white are floor. The green tiles at the end is how we'd like the wall tiles to look. Any help / advice would be most appreciated :)

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.