andy_greenwood57

Help on Design of New Kitchen Extension / Layout

Andy Greenwood
2 years ago

I am in the process of building a new kitchen extension and would like some advice on the proposed layout. Please see the attached plans / visuals.

The location of all the doors are now fixed. The location of the sliding doors to the garden is also fixed. There is now only 1 window on the other wall and this could still be moved.

The existing Rayburn / Aga shown on the plans is now going to be scrapped in favour of a new boiler located in the utility area. I am thinking of utilising this space for additional storage / larder unit.

My feel is too much space is wasted in the area as you enter the kitchen from the hallway / play room? On the other hand you could probably argue you don't want this area too cluttered to create the illusion of more space. I'm not keen on placing the hob in the island and don't want the main sink here either. Plans currently show dishwasher located by utility door but think this may be better under the island?

I am interested in possible different locations of the island, dining area, fridge etc. At this stage anything could be moved so open to all suggestions however drastic!

Many Thanks

Andy

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.