cerifid

What would you do with this bedroom?

Ceri-Anne FJ

East facing master bedroom. This is the one room we haven't done anything with since moving in and there's honestly nothing that I currently like about it.

The photos are taken from the sale listing for our house with the previous owners' furniture. We have chunky dark wood furniture (I'm open to painting it but probably not replacing, I've upcycled a lot of furniture so not too daunted).

There is currently a mirrored sliding door fitted wardrobe which we are getting replaced with a new shaker style fitted wardrobe (haven't yet chosen the colour).

We are also replacing the flooring for wood/laminate as current flooring is worn and slippery in places.

We are considering replacing the ceiling (artex, and I think there was a leak at some point in the past as it's discoloured etc) and replacing the light fitting with spot lights as it's quite a low ceiling and current light fixture also isn't centred. Spot lights/electrical work can't be done from above as there is an attic conversion

I'm open to any suggestions! But the blue colour in the photo was in a LOT of rooms when we moved in and I think it might have put me off it for life hah.