FIND PROFESSIONALS
tufty007

Any thoughts on this conservatory?

J Tufty

Hi all,

The property is an 1890's end of terrace. I have a lot of space to the (south-facing) side of it which makes sense to have a conservatory on there.

Front of house:

The side porch is an eye-sore. Initially I thought about replacing with a decent sized porch, but I may as well just replace it with a conservatory. The perimeter walls are actually foundation walls, so it makes sense for the conservatory to come out to that.

It will be a big conservatory! (23 square metres). Within that Id like to install a downstairs toilet, becuase the 4 bed house doesnt have one yet.

I guess an Edwardian conservatory would look ok? Given the size, I dont want it to completely dominate the house!

Rear elevation:

Id need doors at the back to the garden steps can be accessed

Ive only just started thinking about this, so given very little thought. I have no idea of likely costs or whether its worth getting an extension (garden room) rather than a conservatory.

My main concerns are not wanting to feel like Im sat in a fish bowl being observed by the road/neighbours. Also Ive heard conservatories get too hot/cold at times of years. I also dont want the conservatory to be too overwhelming becuase of its size.

Any thoughts/tips/idea would be very gratefully received! If further photos would be helpful let me know.

Thanks