FIND PROFESSIONALS
tufty007

Any thoughts on this conservatory?

J Tufty
4 months ago

Hi all,

The property is an 1890's end of terrace. I have a lot of space to the (south-facing) side of it which makes sense to have a conservatory on there.

Front of house:

The side porch is an eye-sore. Initially I thought about replacing with a decent sized porch, but I may as well just replace it with a conservatory. The perimeter walls are actually foundation walls, so it makes sense for the conservatory to come out to that.

It will be a big conservatory! (23 square metres). Within that Id like to install a downstairs toilet, becuase the 4 bed house doesnt have one yet.

I guess an Edwardian conservatory would look ok? Given the size, I dont want it to completely dominate the house!

Rear elevation:

Id need doors at the back to the garden steps can be accessed

Ive only just started thinking about this, so given very little thought. I have no idea of likely costs or whether its worth getting an extension (garden room) rather than a conservatory.

My main concerns are not wanting to feel like Im sat in a fish bowl being observed by the road/neighbours. Also Ive heard conservatories get too hot/cold at times of years. I also dont want the conservatory to be too overwhelming becuase of its size.

Any thoughts/tips/idea would be very gratefully received! If further photos would be helpful let me know.

Thanks

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.