tina_lyons17

Small Lshape living room (PHOTOS ATTATCHED)

Tina Lyons
4 months ago
last modified: 4 months ago

ive been living in the house for 12 years and no matter what i do i am not happy with the living room. It is a north facing room with 1 medium size window adjacent a back door. Both parts of the room measure the same so there is no smaller area or vice versa. The end of the hallway is opposite the backdoor so i have this lovely long hallway going into the dreaded l shape living room . This is also purely the living room so there is no kitchen in it. The kitchen is a small room at the other end of the hallway .So here we have 6 walls in a new build home. Last year i purchased an L shape sofa which can only be placed in either 2 corners. I have 4 seater dining room table with 4 chairs, a dresser unit, small tv stand with a 45inch tv, 2 end side tables some ikea shelfs on the wall . What art should go on what walls? How much wall art should i have? How can i add depth and character in the room not looking bare? I have the whole room painted white and most furniture is white too but the floor is medium oak LVT . I have tryed so all ways with this room any help would be so appreciated. I want the room to feel cosy, warm and lived in and of course beautiful. I love french, italian, bohemian style .This would also have to be done on a budget as finances are tight ^^ Many many Thanks , T

Comments (34)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.