andy_gault

awkward living room

Andy Gault
2 years ago

Hi. I’m about to totally redo my living room (which doubles up as a kids playroom) and due to the combination of the fireplace, bay window, door and the size of the room it’s not easy to know what to do with the space. The room feels too big to place the sofas right up against the wall but too small to plonk them in the middle. I need seating for 5 people and I need plenty of storage for kids toys, games and books which the kids can access easily as well as some space to play. All the furniture is being replaced so it’s a blank canvas.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve attached the best idea I think I have come up with so far which has a giant shelving/storage unit placed behind the sofa and the kids table and play tent int the bay window.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.