sarah_mcn

Advice on design for an area of garden

Sarah R

We have an area of our garden which measures approx 10m x 3m which was used by previous owners as a bit of an allotment so is mainly just soil and a shed on the area. Our garden is North facing and the area is at the bottom of the garden so gets all of the sunlight in the summer months. It drops down a couple of steps from the main garden and is also next to a small stream which runs across the bottom of the garden.

Looking for some advice on what would be best here. We're thinking of paving, and an area for a bbq but just having it all paved may be a bit boring and expensive! We weren't sure whether to put a pagoda in the left hand corner (east facing so gets sun in the morning) or a small summer house as a feature as this gets less sunlight as the sun moves around with the right hand corner (west facing) getting sun most of the day and into the evening. Its a bit of a blank canvas so any help would be really appreciated.