webuser_630582625

LochAnna kitchens

Becky Perkins
2 years ago

Looking at the profile range in the LochAnna Kitchens brochure and was wondering what the quality was like and price for a 13 unit kitchen.

Comments (5)

• Daisy England
    2 years ago

Have to be honest, I’ve never heard of them. If you are looking at their website are there any prices on it?

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 years ago

Thread from a few years ago on houzz https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/4145013/lochanna-kitchens but check their website to see if they've made any product changes, they supply lots of independant suppliers at a lower end price point so if you want some prices just make up your own listing, or are you trying to match against another suppliers 13 unit kitchen. If its your own kitchen, email loch anna and they'll tell you who supplies their kitchens in your area.

If you're struggling and want a design or a price comparison and discuss what you're looking for i have kitchen cabinets and doors at various price points from flatpack cabinets, built up cabinets and rigid glue and dowelled cabinets with doors from various UK manufacturers from 'off the shelf' to bespoke made to measure-any size and any colour, just message me or give me a call.

• Becky Perkins
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thanks for message.
    I was wondering if they are good quality kitchens? Are they better than howdens, magnet etc?

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 years ago

TBH, most kitchens from independants are better than Howdens, Magnet, Wren and the sheds etc in my opinion and i've been in the kitchen industry for over 25 years. Also independants are usually better designers, have more choice and better product knowledge.

Things I'd look for in a cabinet are how thick are the panels - 18mm is standard, how thick is the back panel - i prefer 18mm as this means the cabinet is square, won't flex and strong enough to take heavy worktops, how many colours is the cabinet available in - who wants a white cabinet with dark doors, cabinet edging - minimum of 1mm. hinges and drawers - look for quality brands like blum, hettich, grass make sure its soft close, big wide drawers need to take a lot of weight, wall cabinets - to have hidden suspension brackets and check the depth is it deep enough for plates, rigid vs flat pack - a good quality flat pack cabinet i think is better than a cheaply made rigid cabinet, flat pack is easier to store if space is at a premium and its not that they're hard to assemble.

As for doors it really depends on style and budget but a few pointers, check the door thickness as they seem to be getting thinner and for J profile you really need 22mm, vinyl wrapped doors have had a bad reputation as they were delaminating but that has been resolved for most manufacturers but check guarentees, timber shaker doors are usually about 20mm thick made from oak if stained and ash/oak if painted and have a veneered centre panel (usually) a V groove on the joints is usually a cheaper made door.

• Becky Perkins
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Thank you so much lifestyle kitchens. Buying a kitchen is a minefield! So much to figure out.
    I’m heading towards buying from a independent as service so far is great and design really good - just got to find the right kitchen.
    Not sure I like the howdens buying purchase structure.

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.