clare_devlin14

living room layout/ideas/colours

Clare D
2 years ago

Hi everyone! I have moved into a new flat. A Victorian tenement. I am a bit stuck with how to layout the living room and also what colour walls would look nice with the carpet, which I am keeping though it’s not my no 1 choice (it is grey). The yellow blinds are being changed to white. The sofas came with the flat and I plan to change before too long so they don’t need to be taken into account when making suggestions! (Although I’ll be living with them a little while so also open to ideas of how to do a cheap temporary look for the room with the sofas staying!

I don’t know what to do with the bay window space and I would like the room to feel more “centered” than it does just now.

I don’t have a tv and I’m in two minds to get one or not so layout ideas including or excluding tv area are welcome!!

Finally- ideas for colours which would go with the carpet would be great. I thought I would like grey walls enough but living here a couple of weeks I don’t find the grey very homely/warm. I still usually like quite a light and airy feel though.

Thank you all so much!

Comments (13)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.