tim_summers15

Scrubland to side path

Tim Summers
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

Now that my side path is 80% complete I think that I can post.

So before:

lots of god awful leylandii removed and new fence erected - the Mrs wanted a path to the new side door.

Started digging:

She wanted it wider, so I dug out some more

The ground was a shocker, so I decided to lay a whole concrete base to lay the stone on

All laid (forget the wood 'skirting board' - was just thinking of something

Wasn't sure what to do about the manky area at the front, so just skimmed it and quickly found some bricks and made the foundations for a step

I've laid pavers on the step now, but have not taken a picture, which is very unlike me.

I am planning on putting a wood boarder all around (that's what I was trying with the skirting board style in a previous picture) so I've got some 3600x75x225 treated carcassing timber coming next week which I'm quite looking forward to playing around with.

Planning on something like this (apart from not with an old floating shelve and a ceiling tile), so a nice clean edge and a horizontal 'shelf' to put potted plants on.

Will update as I go along / when I remember

Oh, and of course it will all be grouted, but that's the very last thing that I will do

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.