graeme_hamilton55

Ground Floor Plan redesign/renovation

Graeme Hamilton
2 years ago

Hello all. We have been in our detached house for five years now and the ground floor layout is really not working for us. We want to change things up to suit our living style better but are very stuck for ideas of the best possible layout.

The current floor plan is below and these are the key things that we want and some other considerations:

What we want:

• Larger Kitchen
  • Open plan Living/Dining/Kitchen area (want to be able to fully see the living area from the kitchen)
  • A Boot Room for coming in/out the house with mucky kids, dogs and be able to store all our various coats and footwear
  • Preference of the living area to be at the back of the house. This side gets all the sun.
  • We want to avoid extending out the back and use our current footprint

Considerations:

• We are willing to remove any internal walls
  • Happy to even move entrance to house
  • We are willing to use all or part of the garage
  • Current entrance is tiny and cramped, happy to combine main entrance with boot room to avoid creating a redundnat front entrance.
  • Access to WC is through entrance / dirty area
  • Don't necesarily require a seperate utility room. Just need a Utility "space" if it helps the layout.

We are really up for anything and would welcome all ideas as we are struggling!

Thanks.

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.