rosie_openshaw

Long, narrow garden - in need of creative layout ideas

We have just acquired a fairly long but narrow north facing garden in a coastal town centre. At the end there is currently a small garage which we are going to make into a garden room (crittall bi fold doors) which we plan will open onto a decked area (Millboard). We require access from the gate (situated next to the garage), as this is where we park therefore we need to keep some sort of path.

The garden gets the sun at the rear, where we plan to have the decked area, most of the day as well as in 3/4 the garden along the right hand side. There is a tall cobbled wall on the left which shades c1/4 of the garden.

We are set on keeping the curve bed and the bay trees along the path on the right (of the photo) however we’re hoping for suggestions on the rest. The bed on the left hand side of the photo is too large and some of the plants block the sun.

We have a little girl therefore, as much as we would love a lawn, artificial grass is likely to be required

In terms of size it is c.46x17ft.

Any help would be massively appreciated. Thank you

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.