lspendl828

Is secondary spraying “normal” for bespoke window colour?

lspendl 828
last year

I’m procrastinating in ordering new windows for the front of the house. Going for timber look, flush upvc in equal sections, without transoms. My hesitation’s due to the fact that the colour I’m going for (Quartz Grey - RAL 7039) isn’t one that is normally available. So I’ve been quoted to produce the windows in some random colour but then to have them taken to a booth, before they get to our house, to be sprayed in quartz grey.

This is where my nerves kick in! Is this ‘normal’ in the window world? I don’t know much about it but it is this secondary process of spraying that I’m tetchy about. Surely the brand new windows coloured in this way won’t be as robust as windows that have been produced in that colour in the first place?

I know it’s common these days for people to have their old windows sprayed, in situ, to a different colour but that’s not what I’m talking about here.

To throw a spanner in the works, Residence 7 windows are available as standard in the colour, Corse Lawn - it’s nearest RAL colour being quartz grey. Wonderful! However, they won’t produce the windows without transoms because of the large size and they want to put in 4 sections rather than the 3 I wanted (I’m ok with the latter).

Sorry to be so wordy but what would you do?

Option 1
Off-site secondary spraying in my preferred fenestration, without transoms.

Option 2
Go for Residence 7 in Corse Lawn but with transoms.

Thanks for reading and giving me a bit of hand-holding! 🙂

Comments (5)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.