webuser_511334902

Bedroom storage for small/awkward space?

HU-511334902
last year

I'm renting this small room and I'm in need of additional storage space. I've got some plants/frames I'd like to display and random stuff (that needs to be hidden away) but lack any space for these items. Last year I bought myself an Ikea cupboard/storage unit for this corner of my room (near the door) however I've outgrown it and there's not much space to display plants/picture frames etc.

I don't know whether I should get a similar cupboard style storage unit or go with some open shelving with some storage baskets for the items I need tucked away. However, it's been tricky trying to find units that are under 65cm in width and not too deep and also that go with the rest of my room. The bed is this huge upholstered dark grey (can't change it as it came with the room) and I'm having trouble matching it. I love the idea of having a bamboo/rattan shelving unit but not sure how it would look. Maybe I ought to go for something thats plain black?

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.