bensarah58

advice on Victorian fireplace refresh!

B B
last year

Hi everyone. We recently bought my parents Victorian house. It was refurbished by my dear Dad back in the 80s.. He reinstated a period fireplace and surround in the lounge (a 50s Baxi Bermuda had been put in place of the original!) the old outline was visible so he essentially sourced something period they liked and fitted it, so the surround and fireplace are originals but not original to the house. We are just not feeling the tiles and hearth combo at the moment!. Our plan is to reflect the chequer board tiles of the hallway to the hearth and then thinking of painting over the floral tiles or maybe replacing them with something bold. I wondered if anyone has any tips or suggestions? Attached pic (and yes that’s the original Victorian distemper paint under the wallpaper!) Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Ben

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.