toria_jamieson

Timeless ceiling, White paintwork, Light Blue walls?

Toria J
last year
last modified: last year

Been trying to decide what colour to paint my east-facing bedroom. I've had insulation installed on the external walls and am almost done redecorating all the rooms. Left my area to last.

I was sticking with Timeless walls and PBW coving and ceiling, then saw a Painting and Decorating video on YT where one of the brothers did the ceiling in an off white (Quarter Linen), plasterwork was white, paintwork stained oak, with light (Porcelain) blue walls. Kind of Wedgewood effect.

My floors are light oak, and furniture all IKEA Pax Ulnes oak effect. I was thinking Timeless (or a cream-based white) on the ceiling instead, leave the coving and paintwork/rad white, and painting the walls a light blue.

How does this sound? Any particular shades of blue that you would recommend please? Perhaps Dulux First Dawn or Mineral Mist - was thinking around that type of colour (I have dyes to tint it to match any similar shade).

Also, any ideas on colour/type of curtain rail and light fixture please? Lean into the wood, go brass for both (as in the video), or something else?

Thank you!

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.