webuser_911917608

Glazing a roof - advice please!

H B
last year

We are getting a kitchen extension later this year and the architect has designed it with a beautiful big glazed roof (1.7m x 6.3m). We need to order the glass soon and have a question about the process: The glazing companies all want to measure the space themselves once the opening is built, and then it's an 8+ week wait before they can install it. Some companies insist on this or they say there's a strong risk it won't fit. The builder is worried that will delay the whole project and he thinks it's fine to just give them the measurements as per the design. We don't want delays but we're worried about the risk we get the glass delivered and it doesn't fit. Not sure what we'd do if that happened and we'd gone against the glazing company's advice. Grateful for any advice

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.