webuser_15065383

interior, but structural, rethink - who do I need to help?

Kate Meakin
last year

Hi

I would like to re think my interior ground floor layout. It’s very spacious and fairly new, but inefficient and boring.

Would love ideas and also a steer on who to go to first - architect, interior layout planner, structural engineer, builder? Based in Hampshire.

The entrance hall is huge and light filled but waste of space and becomes a dumping ground. The downstairs loo is again huge and blocks a feeling of flow. Garden is fairly small but private and off the kitchen so want to maximise garden views and access.

I would like to rationalise and move walls to expand kitchen to incorporate dining, kitchen and soft sofa/play area. Make better utility use to accommodate walk in pantry, American fridge freezer and make laundry more efficient by accessing the “plant” room (essentially a large warm space perfect for drying clothes) from utility. That will likely involve moving boiler, tank, wiring etc.

With all that practicality, I want to keep the light/even make better use of light, keep spacious feel (ceilings are high and rooms throughout are large) and have some wow factor.

Thanks very much for reading!

Kate

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.