jenni_attardo

Roof lift – Loft Conversion

jenni_attardo
last year

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice. I would like to do a loft conversion to create a master bedroom and en-suite, however I was told that we would need to raise the roof as the pitch is too low at the moment. The only thing is on our whole estate of about 30 houses no one else has done a loft conversion and I’m wondering if it's just because they don’t think they are able to or if it's because planning permission wouldn’t be granted. I have looked through the last 10 years planning applications and can see no one has submitted a request.
I don’t want to pay to get the drawings done and then apply for planning permission just to be told no – I wondered if anyone might have any thoughts or could recommend someone I could speak to beforehand.
Any advice greatly received – many thanks in advance

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.