angie_barron20

Garden office damp

Hello!

About to get the keys to our new house which has this garden office. Not exactly our cup of tea/something we would like to use in its current capacity (it is a home office) but it is there and that’s a bonus. On visit it smelled damp, and Survey confirmed it, it also looks like the last owner hasn’t maintained it (wood weathered). Was built in 2010, has a WC in there and is also being used as a washing machine/tumble dryer space. To the left of the structure there is a shed space (storage).

With such structures, is there much you can do about damp or not financially clever? Easier to take it down and start all over again? We would prefer to use it in a summer house capacity, but at the same time, wont tear it down just for the sake of wanting a different use for it.

Thoughts on how to improve it?

Thanks!
Angie

Comments (8)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.