webuser_768402840

Is this joist safe?

HU-768402840
last year
last modified: last year

Hi everyone,

Hope all had a gr8 weekend

Mine was on, cleared the garden and did some cleaning up.

Was a lil upset about this joist, pic enclosed within. It had been drilled into three times, to make way for 2 heating pipes. Causing a full-thickness crack or split

Besides, there were two other joists, where there were deep notches cut through. When I raised this, the builder promised that the joists would be sistered with timber

Today, I noticed that the joists were plaster boarded. So took a few screws down and had a peek. Hey presto, no timber. Is this safe?

Please see the pics enclosed within

Also, the builder spoke about an rsj over the door from the dining room into the sunroom. This is currently supported with poles.

I had previously requested an Rsj over the wall taken down.

I need to talk to the builder when he gets back...

Any advice plz

Mel

ps- builder got back to me saying that in his opinion those cracks were fine but if I was 'adamant' they would sort it out!!

Thanks but those cracks don't look fine to me!!

Comments (11)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.