emily_bootle2

Off centre French doors in kitchen?

Emily
last year

Hello! Going through a protracted kitchen renovation atm which, as a first timer, has happened all in the wrong order.

We are nearly there with most of it but current issue is that the existing UPVC door opens inwards onto our already limited table space. We want to swap it for an outward-opening one, but ideally would have double doors that would create more light and space.

The natural option would possibly be to put them in the middle - but a) it will doubtless be more expensive and b) as it’s a dog-leg kitchen on a Victorian terrace, this would also make them off-centre to the garden. (Obviously the ideal solution would have been a side return extension but that’s not within financial possibility right now!)

So - would it look bizarre to put double doors in place of the current door and window, off to the left of the end of the kitchen? Should we just replace the current door with a single one? Or bear the cost of putting double doors in the middle?

Any advice (or indications of costs) much appreciated!

Comments (12)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.