dandarko

41m x 7m garden - blank canvas!

Dan Darko
last year
last modified: last year

Hello! We have a fairly large garden at around 41 metres long by 7 metres wide - all grass that slopes away from the house with a few uneven dips here and there. Our first thought was to hire a JCB and level it into 3 tiers using the natural dips as cues - but I'm now thinking that's ALOT of turf to replace and as because the fences on the right are actually lower than those on the left as well, it could become tricky.

I'm curious, if this was your garden how would you go about adding some interest and breaking the space up a bit? In the future I would like to have some kind of outbuilding at the back which would need a poured concrete foundation, so construction access for that needs to be maintained to a degree (there is no access to our property from the end of the garden; it is woodland).

I'm thinking a patio area, screening, maybe a pagola somewhere... Any ideas or examples of similar projects would be hugely appreciated!

Comments (15)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.