webuser_243402868

Advice re water curtains please

Morag Skene
last year

Hi there I'm about to install a water curtain in my garden which will be lit at night. The water curtain will be 130cm wide by 180cm tall ex the wooden frame. I need advice on a couple of things please. The sump can be 80cm from front to back, the width 130cm and any depth as it will be sunk into the ground. My questions are, can anyone advise what size of water pump I will need for this and therefore what depth of sump?

I was thinking about placing submersible/waterproof led uplighters/spotlights in line with the pebbles that would be hiding the sump, shining up into the falling water curtain. Can anyone advise, given the height and width of the structure how many lights I would need and the strength of the led lumens/watts. I do have the option of also fitting angled leds near the top of the structure but again not sure the strength I would need. Oh seemingly they shouldn't be any less than IP65. Sorry I know this is a lot to ask but neither my landscaper nor my electrician have come across water curtains before. Thank you so much everyone. I'll pop on a pic of something similar I found on the web

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.