webuser_768402840

Price difference, between Amazon and super stores

HU-768402840
last year

Hi,

Hope all is well

It's me again, with another topic. This time, about the price difference between Amazon and the high street stores. Spend some time last week, browsing through for beds and household furniture at Oak furniture, DFS, John Lewis and other such stores. Besides looking for pendants and other furnishings

What I did notice, is there seems to be quite a big price difference, with Amazon being cheaper by nearly 25%. Even when you take shipping costs, especially for bulky items, into account.

Some things you have to bear in mind is that on Amazon you can't physically check the product and also you have to rely on reviews, about the seller. I hate saying this, but although I tend not to return amazon stuff, even if you did, for bulky items such as beds etc, that would be painful either way!

Any tips, on buying furnishings, from Amazon or eBay? I have prime, so my shipping costs are nil, although I feel they do add that to the price!

Thanks

Mel

Comments (7)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.