webuser_83747135

What ceiling height is realistically achievable for each floor?

Pat
last year
last modified: last year

Hi,

We are currently in the process of planning our new build house. We want to try and get the highest ceiling height possible on each floor.

The house will be over three floors with the ground and first floor identical in size and the second floor a pitched roof. Each floor will have habitable space, including the second floor where we hope to include a principal bedroom and dressing room. Please see image attached

Plans are currently to have 2.4 meter high ceilings, however with certain building materials and thinner insulation is there a way to increase the height of the ceiling on each floor, without pushing up into the second floor space?

Can the ceiling be opened up to include the full height of the pitched roof? At the moment it is closed off as shown on the image attached.

Thank you in advance for any help, much appreciated!

Comments (3)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.