sophie_mackenzie

Kitchen glass splash back vs. tiles & colour?

C Mack
last year

Hi!

Our kitchen refurb starts in 3 weeks and I still can’t decide on a splash back solution - help!!
Cabinets will be a white matt slab and we won’t have any wall units apart from the tower with the ovens (see picture).
Worktop will be quartz Talia Grey - pale grey with white ‘marble’ thread. We will have an upstand.

Flooring will be Karndean herringbone in mountain oak.

We are removing a wall so we will have an open plan layout - the rest of the downstairs has white walls and we tend to add colour using pictures etc. although I was brave and chose a green emerald sofa for the small lounge which will be opposite the breakfast bar.

My original plan for a scheme was to use white tiles as the splash back and add black/brass accents elsewhere (pendant lighting and tap etc) however my husband thinks this will be too bland/washed out!!

I wasn’t planning on using a dark colour on the kitchen walls as we have a large bulkhead which I don’t want to draw attention to.

I’m stuck!!

Thinking now to go with a glass splashback part way up the wall behind the hob and then the upstand will suffice behind the sink under the window. But…what colour to choose - I don’t want anything too bold and it needs to work with the rest of the space??

I have attached the CAD design and some photos of our current decor.

Advice much appreciated please!!!

Comments (18)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.