webuser_897822942

reconfigure ground & first floor extension ideas

Alison
last year

Hello
My first post as it’s my first house we’re renovating. It’s our forever home so want to make it work for us but equally would like to add value.
We’ve got bought a 1950s detached house. It had a ground floor extensions in 70s.
Not much had been done since I don’t think since maybe 80/90s I so we need to renovate the whole place make it more modern, new kitchen etc and a new ground floor layout. Advice on reconfiguring the layout downstairs would be appreciated. But the main
main question is how to extend upstairs? We had initially thought that a wrap around over the garage and then over the existing ground floor extension would be possible like some of neighbours have done.
But We’ve had advice that over the garage wouldn’t be an option as we’re too close to the boundary line of next door.

We’d like to add another bedroom, create a master bedroom for us with ideally an ensuite. I would like a dressing area/wardrobe (I know I’m asking for a lot 😆) maybe the next bedroom could be used as this but with a partition wall that can be easily fitted? Thinking I would like to enjoy the use of walking from bedroom to dressing room internally but with the option of making that a wall if we ever had to sell?
Anyway not sure if asking too much of the space.
Any creative ideas welcome!
We’ve got a decent budget in mind for this project.
I’ve included the estate agents floor plan (take measurements with pinch of salt 😆, already had to adjust the ground floor plan as the extension steps in from the left.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.