webuser_212479571

Advice - Unhappy with paint colour on finished kitchen cupboards

Jane Mather
last year
last modified: last year

This week I had my kitchen cupboards spray painted. The spraying company said they use a UPVC paint and can match any popular colour, so I chose Farrow & Ball Lichen.

Although the finish of the painted cupboards is high quality, the colour is not what I expected - it appears a bit turquoise blue, vs the warm sage green from my F&B lichen sample pot. I quite like the colour in itself, however I feel the room feels cooler because of the blue tone. I've also painted samples of the F&B colour vs the UPVC sample on the bottom of one of the doors, and you can see the difference.

The director of the company has said this matches their F&B colour swatch, and their suppliers have confirmed it's the right formulation. He has offered to spray over the outside of the cupboards again in a different colour, and they would charge for the paint (no labour).

I'm unsure what to do. I think my options are:

1 - Work with the existing colour and warm it up the room in other ways? For example, the walls still need to be painted and I was planning on Portland Stone, which is a warm neutral I'm using throughout the rest of the house - or using warm brass handles.

2 - Choose a new colour and have them paint just the fronts of the cupboards. To get some confidence about the result, I could ask if they have examples of cupboard doors already sprayed in suitable colours, and I can take them home to see how they look in the kitchen first.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Jane

Before spray painting:

Brass handles I'm considering:

Comments (19)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.