neresse_ditri

How to best spend £40k on a house?

Hi, we were planning on adding a 4th bedroom via a loft conversion, however, the quotes to date are working out 2-3x our budget. Is it worth putting this idea on hold and look at the following instead (plans included for ref).
We are a family of four so we have enough bedrooms, it’s just my son’s room is very small.

Extend size of smallest bedroom by borrowing from master bedroom. Update wardrobes/storage in the master and 2nd bedroom
Extend kitchen into lean-to creating a bigger kitchen/diner/snug area
Knock through the wall between the bathroom and seperate toilet, creating 1x big bathroom