vicki_hardy4

Built in wardrobe made awkward with room entrance doors

We have a room that would have been a small bedroom but the previous owners put stairs in it to lead to a floored loft space. I’d really like to get a custom built in wardrobe with vanity area made to go along the opposite wall to the stairs but the issue is the entrance door to the room is more towards that wall leaving the available depth very narrow (30cm). At the other end we have much more depth to play with (52cm).

I’ve come up with a bit of a plan as to how the wardrobe could be configured. With shelves at the end where the entrance door is. These shelves would have to be set back and probably be about 28cm depth. Where the wardrobe starts could probably come out to 40cm depth. I’m just worried it will look ridiculous and unbalanced in the room.

We’re seriously short on wardrobe space so need to come up with some kind of solution. I’ve thought about under stair storage but we were hoping to keep it open so as not to have to block up the stairs and lose light. Would be good to hear some thoughts and opinions on what might be most practical and look best.