hannah_manos100

Layout Advice 2 Bed Bungalow

Hello 🙋‍♀️
I have bought a 2 bed bungalow in need of TLC. From my pre purchase searches and chats with builders it appeared my ideas were manageable with my small budget £50,000. However since moving this has changed.

I live alone and would like to be connected to the garden. I would like a good sized kitchen and living space and a bathtub. With a utility as I have dogs and cats… The roof space has a dormer window fitted but otherwise is not yet converted but is large enough for a master with en-suite

I planned on moving the bathroom to the existing dining room and opening the back into a kitchen/living room.

I need to remove the chimney and breast that sits between the second bedroom and current dining room as it is causing damp and all of the windows and doors need replacing along with new floor etc.

The 1st photo is current layout and subsequent are my ideas for change of layout. The left side of house faces North. The back garden is east and front is West. I wanted to have living and sleeping areas to one side or front and back.

If I make the kitchen diner to the left with utility to the back I could have patio doors to the side return. The next door neighbour has two upstairs windows facing that side. Do you think with fencing and planting it would be private or would I always feel overlooked. I don’t want to have blinds and curtains in living space always shut but don’t mind in bedrooms.

What do you think is a) affordable and b) would make living peaceful and comfortable and linked with my lovely big back garden? Thank you