taimar

How to layout furniture in living room when room is long and thin

Hello Houzz community!
Here is my dilemma.
This room is long and thin. At the end of it it has a big chimney, and in the left side an antique horse drinking “fountain”, as it used to be a stall. I would like to show this, as well as to enjoy the chimney.

This area will be living and not thinking of dining here. The reading nook you see with the yellow sofas is a bit weird and it sits in front of an unusually long green velvet sofa that used to be in front of a billiard table.

Would also love to keep the green sofa. All the rest can be substuted. Would love your fresh ideas!