andrew_jackett

Kitchen layout dilemma in proposed rear extension

Hi all,

We've had an architect draw up some plans for our 5m x 6m rear extension and are pretty close to deciding on the below design. We have a large NW garden with trees and a wildflower bank, so plan to keep the rear extension as dining and living space, and move the kitchen and utility into the centre. So instead of running up the length of the house, it runs across the width.

I was initially keen on a WIP but now I am settling for a corner pantry. Is this the right option? I really want an island (2m width) which will probably have the hob. To the left, it's a bit broken from the main part of the kitchen so it's proposed as a breakfast pantry/bar.

Anyway, I'll put this up here to see if anyone has any design ideas based on the units available (3.6m x 2.5m in kitchen, 2.7m x 1.6m to left of kitchen.

Thanks!