webuser_869154840

Front garden planting advice/ Drainage pipes concerns

last month

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and would appreciate your help!

We have just bought a new house in a lovely location. Our rear garden faces east, and the front garden is on the western side. The front garden is on a busy corner, with many dog walkers who tend to stand and look into our living room, which is getting annoying.

The front garden is currently turfed with no plants whatsoever (lovely new-build standards). I have looked at our technical plot layout before planting anything and noticed a couple of drainage runs in my front garden with some inspection chambers/manholes.

Do I have to worry about these pipes when planting anything? I don’t know the pipe depths and i am worried about future root damage.

Would anyone be able to suggest plant species that would suit the locations marked on the plan? I tried to look online, but the options are endless, and I would appreciate some guidance.

Our main criteria are to have an evergreen belt around the frontage and side of the plot for privacy (1 - 1.2 meters height) and a small/medium tree that would provide privacy to the first floor without being a risk to the house (5 - 6 meters height).

The attached plan has a key to help visualise my queries.

Thank you so much for your help!

Comments (14)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.