webuser_935563259

Design dilemma! Need help with floor plan

28 days ago

We are currently in the process of extending our newly purchased home. The plan is too extend 4m to the back and 1.4m to the side. Attached above is a proposed floor plan however, I am not happy with the layout. I am planning to put an island and dining room in the kitchen facing however i feel the room might be too narrow to do so. furthermore i feel the reception room is way too long and am thinking to create a formal dining room or play room but not sure it the room should have bifold doors with acess to reception or living room or both. thirdly i think the hallway is too long and there is wasted space. should i make the kitchen wider and living room narrow? but how would i acess the living room ? i dont want it to be open plan so i have put pocket doors in. please advise i need help. have no previous experience.

Comments (4)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.