lorlah

S.O.S.!!! Need help with upholstery fabric colour selection!!!

Lola Okeya
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
I am struggling to decide on a suitable colour for the antique accent sofa I plan to put in my living room. We have just moved into a new build home so the living room walls are painted magnolia and the developer through in beige fitted carpets. We are going for a classic, elegant and comfortable look in the sitting room and the plan is to have two sofas – 1 large classic-styled sofa (the blue sofa in attached picture) and an antique sofa (the green one in picture attached). We have large patio doors leading from the living room to the garden which I would like to dress as shown in the third picture (combination of traditional swags with modern vertical blinds). I have my heart set on duck-egg blue and gold curtain fabrics similar to the one in the fourth picture.

The antique sofa needs to be reupholstered hence the confusion. I am not sure if I should reupholster it using a duck-egg blue patterned fabric or a gold jacquard/brocade patterned fabric. I am more inclined to go with gold upholstery fabric to inject a bit more brightness into the room but perhaps the look would be better pulled-together if I used the duck-egg blue fabric instead. However, I worry that the look may come across as too contrived if I went with blue. Please advise!!!

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Comment (1)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.