becky0273

HELP with living room layout/ finishing touches etc

Becky O
10 years ago
Please can I have some help with the layout of this room. Things I am unsure about are the shelves, TV table, the colour of fire surround and mirror above fire... this has been sprayed recently, but think the gold is too light, need to also tie black into the room. I like eclectic style, but starting to thing it's looking a bit like an older persons living room.

I like the desk but need to buy a chair, would like one without wheels, so any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a few ornaments and pictures/paintings/ photographs, so was thinking creating a picture wall above where the desk is? But not sure whether to put sofa on that wall or in front of bay window. Thought of putting desk where the TV is?

This is my spare living room at the front of the house, south facing so gets lots of light. Hardly use this room and ends up as a dumping ground. It also gets used as a spare bedroom when my step-daughter comes to stay at weekends.

I am happy with the paint colour of the room. I'm not looking to change the sofa or curtains as they are relatively new and cost a lot..the floor needs to stay as this floor runs throughout the ground floor and won't be changed until we re do the kitchen.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Many thanks

Comments (37)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.