nirajn123

Unused fireplace in Kids bedroom - Ideas pls

Niraj
Hello, We recently moved into our new home, this has some wonderful original features including some lovely fireplaces. One in particular though has been blocked up and not in a particularly elegant manner. This is in my son's bedroom - as we do not have plans to get any decorators in - I am looking for suggestion to transform this preferably with some DIY. Will welcome professional finished suggestions.

See attached images - it shows the fireplace which is being blocked using an MDF board which is sticking to a stone using double sided tape - I couldn't bring myself to share a photo of the insides :)