xsammyx

Please help ! - Trying to create a Garden with Privacy

style to sell
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
Please help!!

I live in the UK, off a main high-way/'A' road. I am trying to get the most out of my home.

My house is approximately 15 meters to the slip road from the front door and another 2 meters to the main highway. Enclosed Picture 1 & Picture 2.
I am trying to achieve some privacy where by I am unable to see any cars when I open my front door, to reduce some traffic noise, to create a nicer view from the top bedroom also to try and keeping space for 2 cars. As you can see from Pictures, I live in a semi-detached house.
I know there are some amazing designers/creative people who use this website. I have spent hours researching and I am desperate to get some ideas,designs, thoughts to what I may be able to do.

I have two issues. First is as above. Second issue, I live next to a very busy coffee shop. The flat roof you can see on picture 5 is plastic, this was built to disguise a bin-pen for their rubbish. As you can see once again not the best view from the back bedroom either. If you look straight ahead behind the shed in the neighbours' garden I get some privacy from the two big conifer trees, which is great. The Only problem these trees bring, it is very difficult to grow anything on the back fence as the conifer trees drains all moisture from the soil in my Garden.
I hope someone see this as a challenge and can give me some help.

I am unable to enclose my photo ideas on here :0(

Please message me if you need more pictures.
Thank you.
Samantha

Comments (60)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.