webuser_1481469

Need help with the location of cooker in my new kitchen

Lauren Awcock
10 years ago
I have just bought and moved into my new London flat. It is small and needs a lot of refurbishment but will soon, hopefully, be home for the foreseeable. Our first job is knocking a wall out between the living room and kitchen to make the Kitchen open plan and completely redoing the kitchen. I have had a plan drawn up but am unhappy with the location of the cooker, which (according to the kitchen planner) is one of only places it can go. They have put it in a breakfast bar which is going to close off the kitchen again, which I don't want to do, and also due to the small size of both rooms, means you will need to squeeze between the breakfast bar and sofa to get into the kitchen. Not ideal!.

There is a large overhang in the kitchen which you will see on the plan. This clearly limits a lot of options, and cannot be removed as it houses the fire escape for the upstairs flat. There is also an old and unused Chimney stack on the wall next to where the new fridge which, for structural reasons, cannot be removed.

Finally, the boiler is located above the smaller window, which I do not want to move due to cost. Also, I have seen a plan without the breakfast bar, but with the fridge at the end (next to the small window) and the cooker where is currently is the pictures but do not like this plan as with the disused Chimney stack on one end and the fridge freezer directly opposite, the room will look significantly smaller than it is.

I would be really grateful for any input on where else the cooker could be located and have attached pictures of both the planned layout, the floor plan and some pictures of the kitchen and living room themselves (p.s. that furniture and paint colour choices etc are not ours - this is just what it was like when we bought it)

Comments (27)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.