rona38

Bedroom Fireplace - Paint Colour(s)?

rona38
House renovation coming along nicely and interior painting underway on my 1903 Edwardian terrace. The original master bedroom fireplace (purely decorative) is white painted wood with some green highlight to match the tiles. it's looking tatty though and I'm not sure what colour to paint it now. The tiles are staying, the floor is sanded, the skirting, press and architrave are going to be painted with Farrow & Ball Pointing 2003 in acrylic eggshell and the walls will be F&B Pale Powder 204.

Thoughts on a mellow, darker F&B colour to paint the fireplace? Or stay with a light colour? To highlight or not to highlight? Gloss, semi-gloss or eggshell?