richtraff

TV, couches, bay window and fireplace. How can they all fit nicely?

Richard Trafford
10 years ago
I'm in the process of renovating my first home.

I'm at the point of wiring the power and television sockets in the living room and so need to seriously consider where everything will be.

I am struggling with making a decision and could do with advice....

The room is small approx 3.4m x 3.6m plus a bay window and fireplace.

One option would be to have just one couch, located in the bay window, and have the TV against the longest wall opposite. Or vice-versa.
This would be fine for my girlfriend and i, but guests would effectively never be able to use the room. And if kids come along...

I do have another living space in the open plan, so it wouldn't be the end of the world. But it would be a shame not to be able to share the lovely log burner that will eventually be fitted.

The next option would be to have 2 couches. 1 in the bay window, 1 in against the opposite wall, and a TV above the fireplace.
I know all the cons with having a TV above the fireplace. I don't think it's ideal, and i would much prefer a nice piece of art above the fire, but I think it offers a practical solution.

A TV in one of the alcoves is the least favourable option. It would be fine for people sitting on one couch, but not the other.

What are your thoughts?

Comments (6)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.