lspendl828

Breathe life into my new kitchen/family room

lspendl 828
8 years ago

Had some good suggestions on the kitchen already but unfortunately I'd hijacked someone else's thread (unintentionally!), so here I am striking out on my own!!

Knocked through wall to open up kitchen and dining room and had new kitchen put in last month. Now have kitchen with family room at the other end, the latter of which is joined to the conservatory. Kitchen cupboards are cashmere, high gloss with quartz worktop/upstand/splashback in white mirror chip. The worktop has a grey fleck which I had hoped would tie it in with the cashmere cupboards (did I get this wrong Three Interiors?).

My plan/thinking was to

1. paint everywhere white while I think - done

2. decide on paint colour/accent in kitchen, underneath the wall cupboards - proving very tricky!! Pick this up on in the family room - wallpaper on one wall perhaps or paint?

3. choose some kind of blind for kitchen - probably roller, although whole house has verticals (can I mix?) - can't proceed until I know paint colour.

4. Buy rug/cushion(s) for family room to tie in with accent colour - again, I can't yet.

5. Buy new sofa - probably small L shaped - not the kind with chaise longue which would be too big. Get rid of cream chair as shown in the photos - didn't plan to replace it but should I? Sofa colour, natural? or pale grey? or.....

6. New kitchen table already on order (Caligaris Airport One, white glass top with brushed steel legs. 4 seater extends to 8). I'm thinking that the white pendant light probably needs replacing given the table choice - wasn't thinking about texture at the time when I bought it.

7. Table wall needs some kind of over sized picture/wall art - again, I can't proceed until I know the colour scheme.

8. When the new extending table arrives, reclaiming the conservatory as a "sitting room" with wicker furniture so need the décor in there to link with the family room.

9. Replace the door with some kind of oak glass door (plus further two in hall).

Lots to think about..................Be interested to know what you all think.

Comments (10)

United Kingdom
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.